I’ve always found that one of my favourite things about Christmas is the Christmas lights and window displays, and nowhere does it better than London. This year, Oxford Street is awash with Marmite themed lights, whilst Carnaby Street pays tribute to the Rolling Stones. But stealing the show this Yule is Harrods.
In celebration of Harrods' new 7,000 sq foot pop-up Disney boutique, the store has unveiled an extravagant window display that will fill every woman who once wished to be a Disney princess with awe. Harrods have collaborated with some of the biggest names in fashion to create their couture interpretations of Disney’s iconic fairytale dresses.
From Valentino and Cinderella, to Elie Saaab and Sleeping Beauty, each dress is an astonishing work of art that embraces this year’s current fashion climate whilst at the same time remaining recognisable as the classic garments of characters generations know and love.
These dresses are so inspiring, and so unique, that a day out to Harrods just to see them should definitely be on your list of things to do this Christmas. It’s something that the whole family can appreciate, and it’s free. So forget about Paris or Florida, as this Christmas, Harrods is bringing the Disney magic to you.
ALL PHOTOGRAPHY BY JACOB HAMMOND
- Two men arrested after stabbing outside the Asda in Wigmore Lane, Luton
- Easyjet cancels flights between London Luton and Tel Aviv after rocket fired from Gaza narrowly misses Israeli airport
- Luton shooting trial latest: Victim Atif Ali tells court how he dragged himself to the roadside after being shot
- Police hunt for Luton man wanted for driving offences after being spotted driving a BMW convertible
- Man steals cash and bank cards from unsuspecting woman's bag in Poundland in Dunstable
- GALLERY: New plus size clothing store to open in Luton Mall this Friday