I’ve always found that one of my favourite things about Christmas is the Christmas lights and window displays, and nowhere does it better than London. This year, Oxford Street is awash with Marmite themed lights, whilst Carnaby Street pays tribute to the Rolling Stones. But stealing the show this Yule is Harrods.
In celebration of Harrods' new 7,000 sq foot pop-up Disney boutique, the store has unveiled an extravagant window display that will fill every woman who once wished to be a Disney princess with awe. Harrods have collaborated with some of the biggest names in fashion to create their couture interpretations of Disney’s iconic fairytale dresses.
From Valentino and Cinderella, to Elie Saaab and Sleeping Beauty, each dress is an astonishing work of art that embraces this year’s current fashion climate whilst at the same time remaining recognisable as the classic garments of characters generations know and love.
These dresses are so inspiring, and so unique, that a day out to Harrods just to see them should definitely be on your list of things to do this Christmas. It’s something that the whole family can appreciate, and it’s free. So forget about Paris or Florida, as this Christmas, Harrods is bringing the Disney magic to you.
ALL PHOTOGRAPHY BY JACOB HAMMOND
- Zero for food hygiene: Which restaurants and cafes in Luton have the worst Food Standards Agency ratings?
- Luton woman with a small child robbed at knifepoint in Oak Road
- Luton airport experiences delays as a result of diversions due to bad weather affecting Gatwick
- Luton teenager left with puncture wound after being attacked outside Tesco in Sundon Park
- Judge at Luton Crown Court gives man 12-month order after he drove his Range Rover at a woman who showed him her bum
- Police name teenager who drowned in Clophill lake as Conor McColl