Reasons Why your Fitness Plan is Going Wrong
Here are five of the most common reasons your fitness is not going to plan.
There’s nothing worse than endlessly visiting the gym and not reaching your personal fitness goals. It’s easy to miss seeing something which is obvious, just because you are so close to it and sometimes a fresh pair of eyes is what you need. So take a look and see if you are doing any of the following as they could be halting your fat loss progress.
1. You set yourself unrealistic goals. There is no point in looking at the fit, lithe bodies around you in the gym and saying that in 2 weeks you’ll look the same. A six pack is the result of a regimented and sustained effort, and realistically, not many people have the time to devote into getting that kind of advanced physique. Your goals should be relevant and realistic; otherwise you just set yourself up for disappointment and feel like you’re banging your head against a brick wall.
2. Failure to plan. Getting fit from scratch requires effort. Unless you set yourself a plan from the start, you will not reach your goals. By a plan, this can range from when you will work out, how many times per week and what each session will consist of. .
3. Going on a starvation diet. Cutting your food intake down will only mean you don’t have the energy to work out. You’ll feel tired, lethargic, lose motivation and can actually do yourself harm. Change your diet, don’t go on one!
4. Overdoing it. Over training does you no favours. You become tired, grumpy and ultimately end up doing yourself an injury. Then you can’t work out!
5. Not doing enough. And on the flip side, working out once a week for 15 minutes is not going to achieve the desired results. Improving your level of fitness is to do with a complete lifestyle change. This includes looking at your diet and other aspects of your life as well.
We’ve never said that getting fitter is easy – but it is worth it!
These words of wisdom come from identical twins Stephen and Mark Gray, personal trainers and founder/owners of Double Vision Conditioning Centre in Bedford. DVCC offers an effective and friendly environment in which to lose weight and get in shape with programmes that fit your budget and schedule. Visit: www.doublevisionpt.com for more information.
- Luton man charged after £40m of heroin found hidden in car
- Luton policeman Jon Henry posthumously awarded The Queen's Commendation for Bravery
- PICTURES: Thomson Airways brings Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Luton Airport
- Collision on Dunstable Road, Luton, between coach and car creates rush hour delays for motorists
- UPDATE: Two injured in road traffic collision on Lower Luton Road
- Court fines Luton business owner of Ambala Sweet in Dunstable Road £10k over poor food hygiene