A talented trio snipped their way to success after taking top prizes in the Hairdressing WorldSkills regional heats on Tuesday.
Barnfield College champions Molly Lamb, Sinead Smyth and Jean Darnell impressed the judges with their super skills during the event, which was hosted by tutors at the College’s New Bedford Road campus.
Molly – a Level 3 student - came first in Advanced Hairdressing.
Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Sinead Smyth – who works at Benedict Luton – was first in Intermediate Hairdressing and Level 2 student stylist Jean Darnell was second.
Deputy Head of Hair & Beauty Paul Mills said: “Thank you to all the team that have supported our students and worked with me in developing their skills. Thanks also to those that helped run the event.”
Barnfield Chief Executive Pete Birkett said: “Congratulations to our three winners, who add these trophies to a number of other awards already earned. They are a credit to themselves and to their tutors.”
To celebrate the Olympic torch coming to Luton next week, Salon B, at Barnfield’s New Bedford Road campus, is offering 50% off all hair treatments until 31st July, 2012.
For more information visit www.barnfield.ac.uk
- Man seriously injured after shooting on Dunstable Road following car accident
- PICTURES: Forensic officers examine site of shooting on Dunstable Road this morning
- New supermarket set to join town - but B&Q will reduce in size
- EXCLUSIVE: First pictures as armed police arrest shooting suspect in Marsh Farm, Luton
- Digital E-Edition
- Jury clears driver in 'neglect' case