A talented trio snipped their way to success after taking top prizes in the Hairdressing WorldSkills regional heats on Tuesday.
Barnfield College champions Molly Lamb, Sinead Smyth and Jean Darnell impressed the judges with their super skills during the event, which was hosted by tutors at the College’s New Bedford Road campus.
Molly – a Level 3 student - came first in Advanced Hairdressing.
Level 2 Hairdressing Apprentice Sinead Smyth – who works at Benedict Luton – was first in Intermediate Hairdressing and Level 2 student stylist Jean Darnell was second.
Deputy Head of Hair & Beauty Paul Mills said: “Thank you to all the team that have supported our students and worked with me in developing their skills. Thanks also to those that helped run the event.”
Barnfield Chief Executive Pete Birkett said: “Congratulations to our three winners, who add these trophies to a number of other awards already earned. They are a credit to themselves and to their tutors.”
To celebrate the Olympic torch coming to Luton next week, Salon B, at Barnfield’s New Bedford Road campus, is offering 50% off all hair treatments until 31st July, 2012.
For more information visit www.barnfield.ac.uk
- PICTURES: Thomson Airways brings Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Luton Airport
- Man in Burr Street, Luton, stabbed following argument at MOT Centre
- Court fines Luton business owner of Ambala Sweet in Dunstable Road £10k over poor food hygiene
- Man left with broken nose after being hit with roll of wallpaper in Luton DIY store
- Raiders in Luton armed with baseball bat, machete and knife steal VX Vauxhall Corsa in Shelley Road
- Man flashes at girl, 8, in Memorial Park on West Hill Road in Luton