Insurance company Aviva has announced it will be closing an office and that 22 jobs are under threat.
The decision, which affects the Aviva office in Chapel Street, Luton, has been made following a review of the locations of the firm’s offices.
A statement from Aviva said: “We’ve learned that our Luton and Northampton branches in the Midlands region are not in prime trading locations.
As such, we intend to close these branches later in the year.
“This will impact 22 jobs in Luton, although employees in Luton will be able to apply for jobs in other regional offices – we are committed to reducing the number of compulsory redundancies.”
- Man seriously injured after shooting on Dunstable Road following car accident
- PICTURES: Forensic officers examine site of shooting on Dunstable Road this morning
- New supermarket set to join town - but B&Q will reduce in size
- BREAKING: Man arrested in connection with car crash shooting
- Police release new description of suspect in Dunstable Road shooting
- EXCLUSIVE: First pictures as armed police arrest shooting suspect in Marsh Farm, Luton