Futher road closures in central Luton have been announced to allow for works connected with the busway.
Hatters Way will be closed between Dunstable Road and Chaul End Lane from 10pm on Friday, June 22 until 5am on Monday, June 25 for construction of the guideway and works to Clifton Road bridge.
Motorists are asked to follow signed diversions via Dunstable Road, Chaul End Lane and back onto Hatters Way.
Telford Way will be closed between Dunstable Road and the Crawley Road car park from 10pm on Friday , June 29 until 5am on Monday, July 2, while a new bridge deck is poured.
An extended signed diversion for motorists will be in operation via New Bedford Road, Stockingstone Road, Vauxhall Way, Crawley Green Road, Park Viaduct and Dunstable Road (A505).
Cllr Dave Taylor said: “These works have been scheduled to minimise disruption for residents and motorists as far as possible, avoiding in particular the forthcoming weekend of celebrations for the Love Luton 2012 Festival and the arrival of the Olympic Torch.
“Drivers are advised however to plan their journeys in advance and allow extra time.
“We do apologise for the inconvenience caused but are confident the benefits for traffic congestion from building the busway will be keenly felt when the project is completed.”
Additional overnight road closures from 10pm-5am are planned for bridge works in Kingsway and Skimpot Road, between Kiln Way and the roundabout junction with Hatters Way, from Monday until Friday 29 June.
Overnight road closures are also currently continuing in Hatters Way between 8pm and 7am.
Signed diversions will be in place, and access to residential properties and business premises will be maintained throughout all the works.
- BREAKING: Man arrested in connection with car crash shooting
- Police release new description of suspect in Dunstable Road shooting
- New supermarket set to join town - but B&Q will reduce in size
- Thricknells Close shooting: Police arrest two men in connection with attempted murder of 16-year-old shot in the back in Marsh Farm, Luton
- Man seriously injured after shooting on Dunstable Road following car accident
- PICTURES: Forensic officers examine site of shooting on Dunstable Road this morning