Police are appealing for a female dog walker who may hold valuable information about an incident which occurred in Luton yesterday morning (March 4) to come forward.
At around 7.30am a nine year old girl was walking along a footpath to the side of Colwell Court, Luton, when she saw two men acting suspiciously. Moments later a female dog walker disturbed the pair and they ran off towards Asda in Wigmore Lane.
The youngster – who was not harmed or injured in any way - made her way to school and raised the alarm.
Detectives are keen to speak with anyone who was in the area at the time on Monday morning and may have seen the two men.
They’d particularly like to hear from a woman who was walking a large black dog along the footpath just off Colwell Rise.
The first man is described as being black, around five feet ten inches tall, of big build and with short black curly hair. He was wearing dark coloured clothing, muddy trainers and had two gold rings on one hand.
The second was also a black male, around five feet eight inches tall, of big build and with black Afro-style hair.
He was wearing a grey Adidas tracksuit and had a gold chain with a heart pendant around his neck. It is believed that the two men may have arrived in a red, seven-seater vehicle via Cutlers Green.
If you have information relating to this incident, contact Detective Constable Gillian Cowley, in confidence, on 01582 394285, the non-emergency number 101, or text information to 07786 200011.
Alternatively contact independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111, or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- Film Previews: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues & American Hustle
- INTERVIEW: Luton actor Aaron Fontaine on going from Lewsey Farm to Hollyoaks
- Man rescued from lift stuck in Gipsy Lane, Luton
- University of Bedfordshire study finds rape and sexual violence is seen as 'normal' in gang-affected areas
- Former Eastenders actor Leslie Grantham helps to turn on Luton's Christmas lights
- Digital E-Edition