An exciting step towards green transport was taken this week as a new electric vehicle charging point was ‘plugged-in’.
The facility, in the Grove Theatre car park in Court Drive, Dunstable, is one of the first in the area to be included in the Source East Electric Vehicle Recharging Network.
Central Bedfordshire Council has worked with Source East, managed by EValu8 Transport Innovations Ltd, to install the point and introduce electric vehicles as part of its ‘commitment to enhance sustainable transport’.
It can be used by the public and links a growing number of charging points across the East of England region.
- Luton man charged after £40m of heroin found hidden in car
- PICTURES: Thomson Airways brings Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Luton Airport
- Man left with broken nose after being hit with roll of wallpaper in Luton DIY store
- Court fines Luton business owner of Ambala Sweet in Dunstable Road £10k over poor food hygiene
- Man indecently assaults 14-year-old girl in Luton alley
- Luton scheme to create 2.6k jobs, 625 houses, hotel and casino at former Vauxhall site in Kimpton Road to be heard at council meeting