Market stalls were show - cased in full view of The Mall’s shoppers this week – because some are not even aware they exist.
The temporary move on Thursday and Friday formed part of the national Love Your Local Market Fortnight, which is designed to raise awareness of the town’s market community following recommendations from the Mary Portas report on how to rejuvenate high streets.
David Gibson, operations manager of Town Country Markets, operator of Luton Market, said: “It’s surprising how many people come into the town but don’t know the market is in The Mall.”
- Man arrested in connection with car crash shooting
- Police release new description of suspect in Dunstable Road shooting
- New supermarket set to join town - but B&Q will reduce in size
- Thricknells Close shooting: Police arrest two men in connection with attempted murder of 16-year-old shot in the back in Marsh Farm, Luton
- Man seriously injured after shooting on Dunstable Road following car accident
- PICTURES: Forensic officers examine site of shooting on Dunstable Road this morning