An official graduation ceremony for the tiniest tots in school took place at Barnfield Moorlands Free School on Wednesday, as Reception class completed their foundation years.
In a special ceremony, 54 five-year-olds collected certificates from Barnfield Chief Executive Sir Peter Birkett and Principal Carrie Matthews.
Each child either gave a small bow or curtsey to the Principal and Sir Peter Birkett as they shook hands to receive their graduation scroll.
The children have made significant progress since their first day in “big school” in September and have enjoyed a creative curriculum, as well improved their skills in scientific, physical and linguistic activities, fully preparing them for life in Key Stage One.
Mrs Caroline Beach, Key Stage Leader, said: “I am very proud of the children and the confident and happy personalities they have developed whilst here.”
The graduation celebration included song and dance as well as memories from the children as their parents looked on.
It ended with biscuits and cakes for all – and a special rendition of a classic tune about how much the children are looking forward to Year 1.
Sir Peter said: “It was an absolute pleasure to be part of the graduation ceremony for our Reception class children. Their singing and dancing was wonderful and they had obviously worked hard to master the moves that went with the music.
“I was delighted to hear their excitement about moving up to Year 1 and I have no doubt that they will continue to flourish at Barnfield Moorlands.”
Principal Carrie Matthews said: “The children performed beautifully - applauded by extremely proud parents and staff. Everyone worked really hard to prepare for this ceremony and I hope it’s a day the children remember for years to come. “
- EXCLUSIVE: First pictures as armed police arrest shooting suspect in Marsh Farm, Luton
- Teen shooting: 19-year-old arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- Delaney Brown murder case: "There can be no excuse for the young men of this town to live in this gang culture", says Judge
- SLIDESHOW: Armed police continue to patrol Marsh Farm and Lewsey Farm
- Delaney Brown murder case: Kyle Beckford sentenced to life with a minimum term of 24 years
- VIDEO: Delaney Brown's grandfather thanks 'brave' witnesses who gave evidence in murder trial