AN MP has celebrated Father’s Day with the birth of his first child.
Gavin Shuker, MP for Luton South has said he is ‘utterly delighted’ following the birth of his daughter Ruby Erin Shuker on Sunday (June 16) evening.
His wife Lucie Shuker had her at the couple’s home before she was moved to the Luton & Dunstable Hospital as a precaution.
Mr Shuker, who was also born in the L&D, said Ruby weighed 8lb 7oz when she was born.
He said: “Ruby is our first child and we are utterly delighted. I’m looking forward to working out how to juggle a baby with the House of Commons each day, but that can wait until I’m off paternity leave!”
- Court told how Watford man forced two Luton women to take drugs before sexually assaulting them
- Luton residents warned after burglars mark property in St Margaret's Avenue and target it multiple times
- Celebrity chef Jean-Christophe Novelli and his Luton fiancée Michelle Kennedy set date for wedding
- Boys arrested after false emergency call sees armed police response called out in Luton
- Police appealing for witnesses after motorcyclist knocked to the ground by car in Wauluds Bank Close
- Luton man Shahzad Mahroof tells jury he asked someone to break the legs of his love rival Atif Ali