AN MP has celebrated Father’s Day with the birth of his first child.
Gavin Shuker, MP for Luton South has said he is ‘utterly delighted’ following the birth of his daughter Ruby Erin Shuker on Sunday (June 16) evening.
His wife Lucie Shuker had her at the couple’s home before she was moved to the Luton & Dunstable Hospital as a precaution.
Mr Shuker, who was also born in the L&D, said Ruby weighed 8lb 7oz when she was born.
He said: “Ruby is our first child and we are utterly delighted. I’m looking forward to working out how to juggle a baby with the House of Commons each day, but that can wait until I’m off paternity leave!”
- VIDEO: Emotional vigil marks one month since the death of Luton man Leon Briggs in police custody
- Man stabbed several times in the arm and shoulder in Luton underpass in daylight attack
- Motorcyclist left with 'life-changing injuries' after hit and run collision in Parkside Drive in Houghton Regis
- IPCC outlines scope of investigation into the death of Luton man Leon Briggs, who passed away in police custody
- Woman cut with knife and has Apple iPhone 4 stolen during robbery in Ash Road, Luton
- Gavin Shuker MP says findings of Barnfield Federation investigation should be seen as 'reflection' of its former head Sir Peter Birkett