AN MP has celebrated Father’s Day with the birth of his first child.
Gavin Shuker, MP for Luton South has said he is ‘utterly delighted’ following the birth of his daughter Ruby Erin Shuker on Sunday (June 16) evening.
His wife Lucie Shuker had her at the couple’s home before she was moved to the Luton & Dunstable Hospital as a precaution.
Mr Shuker, who was also born in the L&D, said Ruby weighed 8lb 7oz when she was born.
He said: “Ruby is our first child and we are utterly delighted. I’m looking forward to working out how to juggle a baby with the House of Commons each day, but that can wait until I’m off paternity leave!”
- Luton dogging sites exposed: An industrial site & various car parks
- Criminals break into empty warehouse at former Ecomold site on Luton Road, Dunstable and fill it with rubbish
- Five arrested and premises raided as police recover stolen car parts in operation against thieves who have struck in Luton, Dunstable and Toddington
- Luton Sixth Form College student in hospital after being hit with knuckle dusters during failed robbery
- Man hit by train at Leagrave station airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital
- University of Bedfordshire professor Stephen Bax set to give talk on Voynich manuscript