AN MP has celebrated Father’s Day with the birth of his first child.
Gavin Shuker, MP for Luton South has said he is ‘utterly delighted’ following the birth of his daughter Ruby Erin Shuker on Sunday (June 16) evening.
His wife Lucie Shuker had her at the couple’s home before she was moved to the Luton & Dunstable Hospital as a precaution.
Mr Shuker, who was also born in the L&D, said Ruby weighed 8lb 7oz when she was born.
He said: “Ruby is our first child and we are utterly delighted. I’m looking forward to working out how to juggle a baby with the House of Commons each day, but that can wait until I’m off paternity leave!”
- Luton motorists using M1 Junction 10a advised to allow extra time for journeys due to road closures
- Barclays Bank fined £12k after Luton employee badly burnt her face and arms at work
- Luton Town captain Ronnie Henry believes the Hatters are back on the up
- Which takeaways are scored 'zero' or 'one' in Bedfordshire by the Food Standards Agency?
- RSPCA appeals for information after body of cat and brick is found in bag at Stockwood Park fishing pond
- Luton Town fans buy 'CHAMPIONS' shirt as Hatters clinch promotion to League 2