AN MP has celebrated Father’s Day with the birth of his first child.
Gavin Shuker, MP for Luton South has said he is ‘utterly delighted’ following the birth of his daughter Ruby Erin Shuker on Sunday (June 16) evening.
His wife Lucie Shuker had her at the couple’s home before she was moved to the Luton & Dunstable Hospital as a precaution.
Mr Shuker, who was also born in the L&D, said Ruby weighed 8lb 7oz when she was born.
He said: “Ruby is our first child and we are utterly delighted. I’m looking forward to working out how to juggle a baby with the House of Commons each day, but that can wait until I’m off paternity leave!”
- Luton shooting trial latest: Victim Atif Ali tells court how he dragged himself to the roadside after being shot
- Woman robbed and groped by group of men in Telford Way underpass, Luton on Saturday evening
- Man suffers broken arm after attack by two men and woman in Asda car park on Court Drive, Dunstable
- Easyjet opening new flight route from London Luton Airport to Rome Fiumicino
- Man robbed and hit over the head with a metal bar in Dallow Road, Luton
- Taxi driver has car windows smashed in racist attack in Hitchin Road, Luton, while family were sat in the back