Lewsey Park Pool has reopened after a £275,000 refurbishment by Luton Borough Council.
Works carried out on the centre in Pastures Way include brand new disabled and family changing facilities and a complete re-tilling of the pool and walls.
Mechanical and electrical work was also carried out across the centre along with essential repairs to existing pool equipment.
In addition, Active Luton, who operates Lewsey Pool on behalf of the authority, have built a new open reception area and installed a front of house system and barrier access controls.
The reopening of the centre was celebrated with a community weekend which included free entry to all sessions, prize draws for membership and golf packages, along with complementary food and drink.
Active Luton has confirmed that they now have additional swim clubs using the pool since the refurbishment.
Helen Barnett, Chief Executive at Active Luton, said: “Lewsey is a much better centre as a result of the refurbishment and is more welcoming and friendly for customers. It’s fantastic to be able to offer customers good quality facilities to help them improve their fitness.”
Lewsey Pool is situated on the same site as the £1.5 million Lewsey Sports Park, which was opened last year and offers fitness, squash and boxing facilities for local residents.
For the latest news and more information about facilities and memberships go to www.activeluton.co.uk. You can also ‘like’ ‘Active Luton’ on Facebook or follow @activeAl on Twitter.
- Which takeaways are scored 'zero' or 'one' in Bedfordshire by the Food Standards Agency?
- Pest controller snaps picture of 18-inch 'super rat' in Library Road, Luton
- Football: Luton Town manager John Still 'blown away' by celebrations after trophy presentation
- Big day being planned over Luton Town FC's Skrill Premier success
- Fight in Luton leaves man in hospital
- Luton named in top UK postcodes for fertility in Royal Mail survey