Trio released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of possessing a crowbar and gun in Sundon Park, LutonBY CARL MUNGAZI
THREE men in Luton have been arrested and bailed after being held on suspicion of possessing offensive weapons.
Last Friday afternoon (March 7), members of the public reported seeing a group of men brandishing weapons at a shop in Sundon Park Parade.
The incident happened at around 2.05pm when the men entered a Greggs store armed with a crowbar and a gun.
Unarmed officers quickly responded to the call for help and one officer detained a man armed with a crowbar in Tenth Avenue.
Another had fled in to a nearby shop but he was arrested along with a third man.
The trio were arrested on suspicion of possessing offensive weapons and questioned by officers before being released on police bail pending further investigations.
Chief Superintendent Jim Saunders, head of Local Policing for the force, said: “Bedfordshire Police takes violent crime extremely seriously and will do all it can to crack down on those who put our communities in danger.
“This incident demonstrates how our officers put themselves in danger to protect the public within Bedfordshire and I am extremely proud of the bravery shown by these individuals.”
The investigation into the incident is still on-going and anyone with information relating to this crime can contact Investigating Officer, Lee Fassam, on 01582 394129 or 101.
- Court told how Watford man forced two Luton women to take drugs before sexually assaulting them
- Luton residents warned after burglars mark property in St Margaret's Avenue and target it multiple times
- Boys arrested after false emergency call sees armed police response called out in Luton
- Celebrity chef Jean-Christophe Novelli and his Luton fiancée Michelle Kennedy set date for wedding
- Police appealing for witnesses after motorcyclist knocked to the ground by car in Wauluds Bank Close
- Luton man Shahzad Mahroof tells jury he asked someone to break the legs of his love rival Atif Ali