Model opens Harrods summer sale
Harrods has opened its doors to eager bargain hunters as the summer sale was launched by supermodel Lily Donaldson.
People queued outside the department store in central London and were treated to an eruption of sparkles and confetti as the sale was declared open at 9am.
Donaldson, from London, who has graced the cover of Vogue, emerged from a horse-drawn carriage and made her way up the red carpet in a dress by Lanvin.
She said: "It's a big honour. I've been coming here since I was a kid for the toys."
Having fronted campaigns for brands such as Burberry, Gucci and Chanel, Donaldson's face is emblazoned on posters around Harrods.
She said: "It's always a bit weird to be honest, but it's nice I guess."
She posed for pictures with the Harrods door men in a scene created to resemble a "girl's dream".
The Harrods sale runs until the evening of July 8.
- Film Reviews: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues & American Hustle
- INTERVIEW: Luton actor Aaron Fontaine on going from Lewsey Farm to Hollyoaks
- Man rescued from lift stuck in Gipsy Lane, Luton
- University of Bedfordshire study finds rape and sexual violence is seen as 'normal' in gang-affected areas
- Former Eastenders actor Leslie Grantham helps to turn on Luton's Christmas lights
- Digital E-Edition