BARTON ROVERS were humbled at home in Evo-Stik Division One Central, losing 4-1 at Sharpenhoe Road to Beaconsfield SYCOB.
Yashwa Romeo opened the scoring for the visitors on 28 minutes and, with Rovers struggling to get into the match, it remained 1-0 at the break.
Romeo headed his second goal on 68 minutes, prompting Dan Kennoy to make a triple substitution but defeat was confirmed moments later when Romeo completed his hat-trick.
James Bent pulled one back for Rovers following a goalmouth scramble but the visitors win was sealed with a Ryan Blake goal in injury time.
Dunstable Town seem assured of promotion as they marched to their 30th league match without defeat this season, beating Leverstock Green 6-0 in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division.
Tony Burnett fired the Blues into the lead on six minutes and top scorer Lee Roache added a second before the break.
BJ Christie grabbed his third goal since signing from AFC Dunstable on 49 minutes and Roache scored again on 53 minutes to make it 4-0.
Nick Jackson got in on the act on 71 minutes before Roache completed his fifth hat-trick of the season on 79 minutes to round off the scoring and give him 45 goals this term.
Dunstable stay 13 points clear at the top of the table and host Biggleswade on Tuesday.
AFC Dunstable were unlucky not to get something from an entertaining game away at in form Aylesbury.
AFC worked hard early on and Jay Blackett had a chance to score when he was put through one on one with the keeper but he was denied.
Aylesbury took the lead just before half time and, despite AFC having chances in the second half there was no way back, the home side scoring a second deep into injury time.
- Police appeal for information after men try and drag woman into car in Millfield Road, Luton
- Drivers facing delays after accident closes M1 motorway between Junction 10 and 11 at Luton
- Which takeaways are scored 'zero' or 'one' in Bedfordshire by the Food Standards Agency?
- Pest controller snaps picture of 18-inch 'super rat' in Library Road, Luton
- Luton man Adam Stokes is charged with manslaughter of his 9-week-old daughter
- Luton man receives 12 month Community Order after admitting possessing cannabis at his home in Frederick Street