Luton Town have signed striker Scott Rendell on a two-year deal for an undisclosed fee from npower League Two outfit Wycombe Wanderers.
The 25-year-old, has previously linked up with Hatters boss Paul Buckle at Torquay United on a season long loan deal where he bagged 13 goals.
The vastly experienced hitman has netted 85 goals in the past six seasons is spells that have also included Cambridge United (twice) and Crawley in both the Conference and in League Two.
As Buckle's third signing this summer Rendell comes with promotion-winning credentials at previous club the Chairboys, where he netted 16 goals in 26 starts during their successful 2010/11 season.
The forward began his career at Aldershot Town and was snapped up by then Championship outfit Reading. A loan switch to Conference club Crawley in 2006 made way for a permanent switch the following year.
Cambridge United recognised his talents and took him to The Abbey in 2007/08 where he racked up 17 league goals in 23 starts.
That remarkable streak saw Peterborough United splash out £115,000 for Rendell in 2008 but he struggled at London Road and moved back across Cambridgeshire in 2008/09, scoring a further 15 goals for the U's.
Buckle then took the striker to Plainmoor on loan before Wycombe came calling two years ago guiding the Buckinghamshire side to npower League One. Appearances were hard to come by in the third tier and so further loan spells followed at Bristol Rovers and Oxford United..
- VIDEO: Armed robber threatens worker at Genting's Casino in Luton with gun
- Coca Cola Christmas truck pulls into Luton this afternoon!
- Holidays are coming! Coca Cola truck will roll into Luton tomorrow afternoon
- Scam which cost Sky TV more than £100,000 was run from property in Luton
- FILM REVIEW: Mandela, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty & 47 Ronin
- LIVE: The famous Coca Cola truck has arrived in Luton!