Charlie Henry's Luton Town season looks to be over before it has even begun as manager Richard Money revealed that the winger a suffering from a 'one in a million' injury.
The winger started his career in the Hatters youth set-up but left and played for a number of non-league sides before he was brought back to Kenilworth Road from Newport County in November.
He came with a hair line fracture in his foot but after an operation earlier this month the England C international suffered a seperate freak injury which looks to have ended his chances of making his Town debut this campaign.
"Charlie doesn't look like he's going to play too much part this year, which really is sad for the boy," said Money.
On the complication, the Luton boss added: "He's got a ligament that's slightly detached, which is really unusual. No-one really knows how it's happened and it's an unjury that's one in a million.
"He's been really unlucky and we've been unlucky, but we'll deal with it and move on."
Yet Money was confident that Henry is in the best possible place to help speed his recovery.
"The good thing is that he's come to a club that can look after him properly and we're pretty confident that he'll be OK. When he's fit and well, he'll be a big asset to this football club," he said.
"It's disappointing for the player as he's been unlucky. During his rehab, something has just not clicked with him and he's ended up with an injury that is one in a million.
"It will take a bit of time to heal but he's with the right people."
- Luton shooting trial latest: Nazeem Dadd tells court she lied to detectives investigating Atif Ali shooting
- BREAKING: Teenager feared drowned at Clophill lake believed to be from Luton
- Luton man Nathan Genus jailed for 10 and 1/2 years for stabbing car dealer Mohammed Hoque 11 times
- BREAKING: Emergency services search Clophill lake after reports of missing teenager
- BREAKING: Police confirm discovery of body of missing 16-year-old boy at Clophill lake
- Luton man Aaron Brannigan charged with GBH following serious assault outside Asda store in Wigmore