Striker Jon Shaw hopes that Luton Town fans will come to Kenilworth Road on Saturday and ‘rock the place.'
The ex-Gateshead player has also admitted that he is relishing playing in front of a larger crowd that he is used to.
Speaking ahead of the season opener against his former club, he said: “There’s no denying that coming to Luton Town is a big draw.
“I’ve spent a lot of time at places with small crowds, and it’s a change to have that many fans on my side.
“I’m hoping a lot of them turn up on Saturday and rock the place.”
Shaw added that despite the number of additions to the squad over the summer, the new signings have settled in quickly and feel positive about the season ahead.
He said:“Some of the lads that have come in have experience of getting out of this league, and winning League Two.
“There’s a strong mentality in the dressing room and we’ve all come here believing that we’re going to win the league.
“There’s no talk of playoffs or not getting promoted. We know what we’re here to do.”
- Film Reviews: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues & American Hustle
- INTERVIEW: Luton actor Aaron Fontaine on going from Lewsey Farm to Hollyoaks
- Delays at Luton Airport after air traffic control 'technical problem'
- Former Eastenders actor Leslie Grantham helps to turn on Luton's Christmas lights
- Spend a penny on 'to let' toilet block in High Town, Luton
- University of Bedfordshire study finds rape and sexual violence is seen as 'normal' in gang-affected areas