Striker Jon Shaw hopes that Luton Town fans will come to Kenilworth Road on Saturday and ‘rock the place.'
The ex-Gateshead player has also admitted that he is relishing playing in front of a larger crowd that he is used to.
Speaking ahead of the season opener against his former club, he said: “There’s no denying that coming to Luton Town is a big draw.
“I’ve spent a lot of time at places with small crowds, and it’s a change to have that many fans on my side.
“I’m hoping a lot of them turn up on Saturday and rock the place.”
Shaw added that despite the number of additions to the squad over the summer, the new signings have settled in quickly and feel positive about the season ahead.
He said:“Some of the lads that have come in have experience of getting out of this league, and winning League Two.
“There’s a strong mentality in the dressing room and we’ve all come here believing that we’re going to win the league.
“There’s no talk of playoffs or not getting promoted. We know what we’re here to do.”
- BREAKING: Man arrested in connection with car crash shooting
- Police release new description of suspect in Dunstable Road shooting
- New supermarket set to join town - but B&Q will reduce in size
- Thricknells Close shooting: Police arrest two men in connection with attempted murder of 16-year-old shot in the back in Marsh Farm, Luton
- Man seriously injured after shooting on Dunstable Road following car accident
- PICTURES: Forensic officers examine site of shooting on Dunstable Road this morning