MansfieldTown have raided Luton for defender George Pilkington and midfielder Godfrey Poku.
The latter snubbed a new deal to stay at KenilworthRoad last week but the departure of the Hatters captain comes after he also rejected a contract extension.
The 30-year-old made 162 appearances in four seasons at the club, where he was part of the 2009 Johnstone's Paint Trophy winning side.
Hatters boss Paul Buckle said: "The first I heard of it was on the Mansfield site. The truth is we offered George a deal to his agent and he's signed for Mansfield. It's the player's prerogative.
"George called me and told me it was one of the hardest decisions he's had to make and I really respect and appreciate that. He's a true pro and a real gent.
"I'd like to thank George for his contribution and efforts and wish him well at his new club."
After putting pen to paper with the Field Mill outfit Pilkington told Mansfield's official website: “It’s a great opportunity for me to come to a club who finished strongly in the league last season and were unfortunate not to go all the way [and gain promotion].
“After speaking to the manager [Paul Cox] it felt like I had known him for years and I believed in everything which he had to say.
“I believe this is a club which is going places. There will be a number of clubs up there challenging next season, including us, I’m sure.”
Cox said: “Pilks’ signing is a major coup for the club. He has been one of the better centre halves in the conference/League Two in the past few seasons and will add experience, leadership and a strong presence to our defence."
The two clubs are in negotiations over a fee for Poku’s switch because he is under 24 years of age.
Cox said:“I was impressed by Poku on every occasion which I saw him play for Southport [on loan] last season. He will add strength and physicality to our midfield. I believe he will play in the Football League in the future.”
- Man stabbed several times in the arm and shoulder in Luton underpass in daylight attack
- Motorcyclist left with 'life-changing injuries' after hit and run collision in Parkside Drive in Houghton Regis
- IPCC outlines scope of investigation into the death of Luton man Leon Briggs, who passed away in police custody
- Luton man charged with conspiracy to supply cocaine after police seize van with drugs worth £10k in Cardiff
- BREAKING: Missing 21-year-old Sean Kennedy from Flitwick found safe and well
- Woman cut with knife and has Apple iPhone 4 stolen during robbery in Ash Road, Luton