Abendanon inspires England triumph
Nick Abendanon scored a first-half hat-trick as England ran in eight tries to claim a hard-fought 57-31 win in their tour match against the Northern Barbarians.
The tourists may eventually have won by a convincing margin at Profert Olen Park but were given a tough workout by a South African scratch side who scored four tries themselves through Joubert Engelbrecht, Shaun Venter (2) and Deon Scholtz with JC Roos kicking over four conversions and one penalty
Jonny May also touched down twice for the tourists but their evening was soured by a serious-looking injury to wing Ugo Monye. Monye did not get up after attempting to tackle Barbarians scrum-half Venter in the 27th minute and was carried off on a stretcher after lengthy treatment.
England also touched down through Ben Morgan and Anthony Allen while they also benefited from a penalty try and Charlie Hodgson scored 17 points.
- Film Reviews: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues & American Hustle
- INTERVIEW: Luton actor Aaron Fontaine on going from Lewsey Farm to Hollyoaks
- Delays at Luton Airport after air traffic control 'technical problem'
- Former Eastenders actor Leslie Grantham helps to turn on Luton's Christmas lights
- Spend a penny on 'to let' toilet block in High Town, Luton
- Christmas cheer for 14 families in Luton as they move into their new homes