England match rained off
England will have to wait for their chance to go top of the world one-day international rankings after a frustrating washout against Australia at Edgbaston.
Several times over on Wednesday, it seemed as if the third NatWest Series match might be about to get under way - albeit in a shortened format - only for rain to dash plans.
Finally, at 6.10pm umpires Aleem Dar and Rob Bailey announced an abandonment which leaves England 2-0 up with two to play.
They can no longer therefore complete the 5-0 series whitewash they need to depose Australia at number one in the International Cricket Council rankings, and become the first team to top the table in all three formats.
- PICTURES: Thomson Airways brings Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Luton Airport
- Man in Burr Street, Luton, stabbed following argument at MOT Centre
- Raiders in Luton armed with baseball bat, machete and knife steal VX Vauxhall Corsa in Shelley Road
- Court fines Luton business owner of Ambala Sweet in Dunstable Road £10k over poor food hygiene
- Man flashes at girl, 8, in Memorial Park on West Hill Road in Luton
- Have you seen wanted man in Bedfordshire? Police warn public 'not to approach'