Newcastle in for Debuchy - reports
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is understood to have had a £4million bid rejected by Lille for France international right-back Mathieu Debuchy.
Lille coach Rudy Garcia claims Newcastle have offered the figure, which he clearly considers derisory.
Speaking to French website 20 Minutes, Garcia said: "I believe Newcastle have faxed an offer of £4million - but they have the wrong player!"
The 26-year-old, with seven caps to his name overall under France coach Laurent Blanc, has so far impressed in Euro 2012 in Group D games with England and Ukraine.
Garcia, however, believes Debuchy could move on this summer after nine years and over 200 Ligue One appearances for the club.
With Inter Milan also rumoured to be interested, Garcia added: "He is torn between staying with us and playing in the Champions League in our new stadium or going elsewhere.
"If he does go and it is a sporting progression, then we will be happy to see him evolve - but we have not planned to replace him."
- Men robbed of several thousand pounds at gunpoint in Crescent Rise, Luton whilst trying to buy a BMW 320 car
- Luton teen left with 'serious head injury' after being struck with plank of wood wrapped in barbed wire
- Driver causes £400 worth of damage to car with baseball bat in Dunstable 'road rage' attack
- Eleven week road closure to repair 'sinking' Poynters Road in Dunstable
- Police hunt for teenager responsible for robberies in Marsh Farm, Luton
- Luton South MP 'utterly delighted' at the birth of his first child