Wigan sign Kone
Wigan have bolstered their forward options after signing Ivory Coast international Arouna Kone from Spanish side Levante.
The Latics confirmed the capture of Kone on a three-year deal and for an undisclosed sum on Tuesday evening.
The 28-year-old scored 15 goals for La Liga surprise-package Levante last season as they booked a European berth with a sixth-placed finish.
"Wigan Athletic are delighted to announce the signing of Ivory Coast striker Arouna Kone on a three-year-deal after completing his move from La Liga side Levante for an undisclosed fee," a statement on the club's website read.
"The 28-year-old becomes Roberto Martinez's fourth signing of the summer transfer window and is on the back of a prolific season in Spain's top flight, scoring 15 goals to finish as the division's joint-ninth top scorer.
"At international level the striker has made 35 appearances for Ivory Coast and scored nine goals, making his debut in 2004 against Tunisia."
Kone's signature comes just a day after the Latics completed a season-long loan deal for Arsenal's Japanese winger Ryo Miyaichi.
The arrival of the pair is set to provide depth to a front line that had been depleted following the move to Fulham of Hugo Rodellega - the club's highest goalscorer during their seven successive seasons in the Barclays Premier League.
- Luton man charged after £40m of heroin found hidden in car
- PICTURES: Thomson Airways brings Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Luton Airport
- Collision on Dunstable Road, Luton, between coach and car creates rush hour delays for motorists
- Luton policeman Jon Henry posthumously awarded The Queen's Commendation for Bravery
- UPDATE: Two injured in road traffic collision on Lower Luton Road
- Court fines Luton business owner of Ambala Sweet in Dunstable Road £10k over poor food hygiene