Spa and Afternoon Tea
Available Monday to Sunday
It is Monday morning, and I should be rushing around at work, sending emails and answering phone calls.
Instead I’m reading the daily papers by the side of a luxury pool, after swimming a few lengths.
There is simply no comparison.
The five star pampering began as soon as my Mum and I arrived at the premises, and the doorman called a Luton Hoo taxi to chauffeur us the short distance to the spa.
Once there we collected our fluffy dressing gown and slippers and made our way through to the swimming pool.
With no phone and no access to emails or the internet, it didn’t take long to unwind and make the most of the surroundings.
We swam a little, spent some time in the jacuzzi and then relaxed in the sauna and steam room. Total bliss!
In the afternoon we were booked in to have treatments in the spa, including a back massage and manicure. The beautician was extremely attentive, spending more time on the areas of my back that were affected by the strains of every day life.
Afternoon tea was a perfect end to a wonderful day.
A three-tier stand, including perfectly made sandwiches, cakes and scones, was just what was needed after a hard day of relaxing!
I even had the chance to do a spot of celeb spotting, as pop star Una Healy from the Saturdays was busy doing a photoshoot in the grounds of the hotel with her England rugby star boyfriend Ben Foden.
I’d never been on a spa day before visiting Luton Hoo but will be sure to book myself up for another after being totally treated, and would recommend anyone to do the same.
n Luton Hoo Hotel is putting on a ladies’ luncheon on March 4.
As well as a three course meal, glass of bubbly and canapes, representatives from Hotel Chocolat will be showcasing their beauty range.
The afternoon costs £39.50 and can be booked by visiting www.lutonhoo.co.uk
- Court told how Watford man forced two Luton women to take drugs before sexually assaulting them
- Luton residents warned after burglars mark property in St Margaret's Avenue and target it multiple times
- Luton Muslim woman faces jail after posting messages on Facebook encouraging terrorism
- Luton man Shahzad Mahroof tells jury he asked someone to break the legs of his love rival Atif Ali
- Police appealing for witnesses after motorcyclist knocked to the ground by car in Wauluds Bank Close
- Celebrity chef Jean-Christophe Novelli and his Luton fiancée Michelle Kennedy set date for wedding