Spa and Afternoon Tea
Available Monday to Sunday
It is Monday morning, and I should be rushing around at work, sending emails and answering phone calls.
Instead I’m reading the daily papers by the side of a luxury pool, after swimming a few lengths.
There is simply no comparison.
The five star pampering began as soon as my Mum and I arrived at the premises, and the doorman called a Luton Hoo taxi to chauffeur us the short distance to the spa.
Once there we collected our fluffy dressing gown and slippers and made our way through to the swimming pool.
With no phone and no access to emails or the internet, it didn’t take long to unwind and make the most of the surroundings.
We swam a little, spent some time in the jacuzzi and then relaxed in the sauna and steam room. Total bliss!
In the afternoon we were booked in to have treatments in the spa, including a back massage and manicure. The beautician was extremely attentive, spending more time on the areas of my back that were affected by the strains of every day life.
Afternoon tea was a perfect end to a wonderful day.
A three-tier stand, including perfectly made sandwiches, cakes and scones, was just what was needed after a hard day of relaxing!
I even had the chance to do a spot of celeb spotting, as pop star Una Healy from the Saturdays was busy doing a photoshoot in the grounds of the hotel with her England rugby star boyfriend Ben Foden.
I’d never been on a spa day before visiting Luton Hoo but will be sure to book myself up for another after being totally treated, and would recommend anyone to do the same.
n Luton Hoo Hotel is putting on a ladies’ luncheon on March 4.
As well as a three course meal, glass of bubbly and canapes, representatives from Hotel Chocolat will be showcasing their beauty range.
The afternoon costs £39.50 and can be booked by visiting www.lutonhoo.co.uk
- Which takeaways are scored 'zero' or 'one' in Bedfordshire by the Food Standards Agency?
- Children don't know why we celebrate Good Friday or Easter Sunday according to Bible Society survey
- PICTURE GALLERY: Luton Town v Welling United - pitch invasion celebration and match action
- PETROL WATCH: Where is the cheapest place to fill up in Luton?
- VIDEO: Luton Town fans invade the pitch to celebrate title at Welling United
- Catch up on all the week's top news in Luton